[Catalyst] installing Catalyst on Debian 3.1 Stable (Sarge) usingApt

Krzysztof Krzyzaniak eloy at kofeina.net
Mon Sep 5 10:12:04 CEST 2005

David Christensen wrote:
> cfm wrote:
>
>>Your question is more properly a topic for discussion on a debian
>>list than on this one.  :-)
>>Your other alternative is dh-make-perl.
>

> Thanks for the quick response.  Looking at CPAN, libcatalyst-perl_5.23-1_all.deb
> is older (current is 5.33).  Krzysztof Krzyżaniak is probably working on an
> update.  I don't know if/which Debian community to contact him, but his e-mail
> address is posted in various places.

Debian stable is not our point of interest. Our (pkg-catalyst team,
currently  Krzysztof Krzyzaniak & Florian Ragwitz) goal is to put all
catalyst packages directly into debian archive. We are now in the middle
of creating all ITP (Intend To Package) request and putting all modules
in svn.debian.org.

Then you have possibility of using packages from svn repo
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-catalyst &
svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-catalyst/ (you have to use svn-buildpackage) or
use dh-make-perl tool.

   eloy
--

        jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej