[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::SessionMessage

Phil Mitchell seasprocket at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:16:56 CEST 2005

On 9/5/05, Luke Meyer <luke at daeron.com> wrote:
> We had a brief discussion on #catalyst earlier (um... yesterday now),
> and this module is the result.  It's a service to facilitate passing
> data between requests, particularly to ease the POST -> redirect -> GET
> transition. Still a bit rough on the edges, no guarantees that
> everything works, documentation needs filling out, etc etc.  Basically I
> just want to solicit ideas and comments, and see if anyone else thinks
> this would be useful.  If there's a better place for this sort of thing,
> let me know.

This is very interesting! I generally try to avoid using the session
for message passing bc of the pitfalls, but I'd really like to know
about a tool that would help with this. This looks very promising, I
can imagine two cases in which I'd use it:

1. If I needed to do a lot of message passing;
2. If you had very specific examples that made it a no-brainer for me
:) -- this is not a knock, actually you have a ton of POD for such a
new module. Just fyi...

thanks,

phil