[Catalyst] Scaffold Naming Conventions

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Sep 6 18:57:45 CEST 2005

I just noticed Catalyst-Helper-Controller-Scaffold-Mason-0.01 showed up
on CPAN.

First, are these directions correct?

> script/myapp_create.pl controller SomeTable Scaffold CDBI::SomeTable

That looks exactly like the original scaffold. Is that correct?
I would expect to have to issue a different command:

> script/myapp_create.pl controller SomeTable Scaffold::Mason CDBI::SomeTable

otherwise how would create.pl know which scaffold to use?

My real question is thus: what is the official naming policy for
scaffolds like this?

Catalyst-Helper-Controller-Scaffold-[ViewType] ?

Since I'm not done with my official Handel scaffolds and controllers,
should they be:

Catalyst-Helper-Controller-Scaffold-Handel

instead of [from the demo]

Catalyst-Helper-Handel-Scaffold or even
Catalyst-Helper-Controller-Hande::Scaffold?

As more and more of these pop up, it would be nice to keep their
namespac names consistant?

-=Chris