[Catalyst] Protoype define_javascript_functions with Catalyst

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:08:01 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a Catalyst app that needs the use of HTML::Prototype
and all is working just fine, but I have questions about using the
define_javascript_functions.

Right now, I'm making a call to it on every page that needs it.  All
of the javascript is shown in the source and seems a little redundant
to call it in several places.

My thoughts are to create an ajaxjs.js file that won't be processed as
a static JS file, and then put my call to define_javascript_functions
in there and link to that script in the pages that need it.

It's not really a problem I need solved, just wondering what others
think of this idea.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old