[Catalyst] Protoype define_javascript_functions with Catalyst

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Thu Sep 8 20:32:54 CEST 2005

At 13:03 9/8/2005, you wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 16:23:38 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> ISTR the Prototype helper will create a static .js file for you ...
>
>Furthermore the js, when not embedded in a <script> makes HTML
>validators happier, and will be cached if your server is nice,
>meaning better response time for pretty functionality.

And having the separate source files make it easier to insert debug alert() calls into the Javascript code to see how it works.  The detail is that you need to have one of the Static plugins working to serve the files from your root/static directory - I use the Static::Simple one because it is, umm, simple to use.

And I didn't see it mentioned, but it really was as easy as:
    script/myapp_create.pl Prototype
to create the four files under the root directory