[Catalyst] Catalyst: Apache server

David Romano david.romano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:11:49 CEST 2005

On 9/11/05, Danh Nguyen <tongnguyen at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am just a newbie on Perl - Apache - and off course Catalyst. I have Apache
> running on WindowsXP; Catalyst running on its own http web server. I have
> MiniMojo running fine under the built in http webserver.
> Now, how can I move it to the Apache?
> Please specific in your instructions, because I am too new to everything.
Hi,
Have you looked at the tutorial yet? If you got MiniMojo up and
running from the article on perl.com, you should definitely check out
the documentation that comes with Catalyst. I think the tutorial can
help you get Catalyst working with Apache, and when you see how
Catalyst works, I think the answer to your postgres question won't be
too hard. I've never used postgres w/Catalyst, but you should only
have to change your model to work w/postgres. Generally, how you
search and display w/postgres instead of sqlite shouldn't really
change that much, since those have to do more the controller and view.
At any rate, I really do think the manual for Catalyst (perldoc
Catalyst::Manual) is helpful. If you're new to Perl and Apache as well
(I couldn't tell for sure which you were new to), you might want to
read a book called "Learning Perl" (available from oreilly.com) and
check out http://perl.apache.org/

David