[Catalyst] what is easiest/best GNU/Linux/BSD distribution for Catalyst?

Alex Sayle alex.sayle at ehsbrann.com
Mon Sep 12 18:57:51 CEST 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, David Christensen <dpchrist at holgerdanske.com> wrote...

 > catalyst:
 >
 > I've been beating my head against Debian 3.1, Apache2, and mod_perl2, and am
 > starting to wonder if there's an easier way to assemble a Catalyst development
 > machine.
 >

 > What GNU/Linux/BSD distributions can people recommend that provide recent
 > versions of Perl, Apache2, mod_perl2, MySQL 4, etc., and which support CPAN and
 > Catalyst well?  I'd prefer pre-built binary packages (like deb, RPM, etc.)
 > rather than trying to build from source.

 We run Catalyst on Debian 3.1 with:
  Apache 2,
  mod_perl 2.0 (release version),
  postgresql 8.

 Our Debs come from deb http://pkg-catalyst.alioth.debian.org/ binary/
 and other parts we need I roll up a deb for packages using the
 dh-make-perl command. I keep a local Deb repository of all our own
 packages and so far its worked very nicely.

 We also roll our catalyst app into a deb package.

 The result is that I can go apt-get install <inhouse-catalyst-app> and
 all dependencies are fulfilled and away the app goes.

 HTH.

 --alex

--
 Alex Sayle                                          alex.sayle at ehsbrann.com