[Catalyst] HTML::Prototype 1.34 breaks code

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Wed Sep 14 20:27:44 CEST 2005

At 12:34 9/14/2005, Kevin Old wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I've filed a bug report (http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=14590)
>explaining the bug I've had since upgrading from 1.33 to 1.34 and was
>wondering if there was some benefit from having the postBody and
>evalScripts in the code.
>
>I was unable to find any documentation on this and was wondering if my
>implementation (detailed in the bug report) might be the cause.
>
>I've downgraded to 1.33 until I can get 1.34 working.
>
>Any help is appreciated.

Using the CPAN search tools I can see these new lines of code in Prototype.pm:
     $js_options->{method} = $options->{method} if $options->{method};
+    $js_options->{evalScripts} = $options->{evalScripts} ;
+    $js_options->{postBody} = $options->{postBody};

Notice the line preceding the changes and how it firsts tests whether the incoming option was set.  Could you test with these two lines changed to:
    $js_options->{evalScripts} = $options->{evalScripts}
        if defined $options->{evalScripts};
    $js_options->{postBody}    = $options->{postBody}
        if defined $options->{postBody};