[Catalyst] what is easiest/best GNU/Linux/BSD distribution for Catalyst?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon Sep 19 12:09:19 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 07:01:49PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> catalyst:
>
> I've been beating my head against Debian 3.1, Apache2, and mod_perl2, and am
> starting to wonder if there's an easier way to assemble a Catalyst development
> machine.
>

> What GNU/Linux/BSD distributions can people recommend that provide recent
> versions of Perl, Apache2, mod_perl2, MySQL 4, etc., and which support CPAN
> and Catalyst well?  I'd prefer pre-built binary packages (like deb, RPM,
> etc.) rather than trying to build from source.

I've found Gentoo's package management to be excellent, and rapid to support
new versions (whilst also maintaining 'stable' ones in the tree too), and the
g-cpan part of it handles installing things like Catalyst very well.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world