[Catalyst] auto-loading config for classes

Alan Tam Tam at SiuLung.com
Sun Sep 25 08:29:59 CEST 2005

Chisel Wright wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 12:24:57AM +0800, Alan Tam wrote:
>

>>I also noticed Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML whose documentation seems
>>to imply that I can put all config into one YAML file and use the
>>section of the file to indicate which class the keys are for.
>>

>I've not used the plugin, but this is in the cookbook:
>
> perldoc Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook
>- or -
> http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Configure_your_application

I think I've messed things up. I've read the Cookbook many times, and it
really seems too short for the need of troubleshooting. For times I have
to look into the source code of various packages to learn what happened.

I suppose I was solely referring to Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML for
that feature, which seems to allow me to specify the config file so it
can call YAML::LoadFile for me, and for every class. If no one really
uses it, then I will experiment with it myself.

--
Regards,
Alan