[Catalyst] flamage level considered harmful

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Fri Sep 30 17:55:53 CEST 2005

> Matt S Trout wrote:
>
> > I think waswas was just getting frustrated because you seemed to be
> > asking the same question over and over even after you'd been given
> > what seemed to him (and to me) to be an answer that pretty much
> > covered your available options.
>
> This is hardly an excuse for bordering rudeness. And I can't see any
> reason for *you*, a member of the Catalyst team, to condone this kind
> of attitude on the project's list. Unless you want Catalyst to go the
> way of so many otherwise excellent open-source project teams who
> simply cannot be bothered to market themselves.

Ok lets dead end this,  I was frustrated, and flamish.  I was at fault.

I tried to take this offline to stop this thread and the blowup it was
causing.  Please find listed below excerpts from my offline conversation
with Toby.  I have not included his responses to my offline emails because
I did not have the chance to get his approval -- but I think it is safe to
say "we have made up".

Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON wrote on 09/29/2005 01:56:10 PM:

> Toby,
>
>  Thanks for the reply,  I appreciate your view.  I see looking back
> at all the posts now that I had what looked to be a sudden turn on
> you.  It retrospect, what happened was I had been talking with MST
> on irc about this issue thread and I brought that knowledge (that
> you had no idea about) into the conversation.  I had read his
> message as a subtle poke at you, and verified it with him on IRC.
> At the same time,  I was dealing with one of our developers here
> that basically took the same path you were taking on this issue
> (hacking the cpan distros into non maintainable junk, trying to take
> a trivial issue off of sysadmin's plate).  This had just cost me a
> few days worth of time on an upgrade to one of our systems.  I guess
> that made me take a more negative view of your prodding of the issue.
>
> I would like to apologize for my behavior,  that was truly uncalled for.
>
> Thanks!
> Wade Stuart

> Toby Corkindale <tjc at wintrmute.net>
> 09/29/05 11:37 AM

> Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [] Cached TT w/mod_perl issue? Or just a Toby-bug?
TOBY's message body removed by ME