[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::View::Excel::Template

Juan Camacho jc5826 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:59:40 CEST 2005

On 9/13/05, Kevin Old <kevinold at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested to here what others think so that I might clean it
> up a little before uploading it to CPAN.  Please go easy as this is my
> first module for CPAN.

I think you should put it up.  I certainly would find it useful.

Here are some very small points:

I'm not sure if this is such a good idea when assigning the template name.

  my $filename = $c->stash->{template} || $c->req->match;

Just bail out if the template is not defined, or at least do something
like this instead:

   my $template_name = $c->stash->{template} ||
File::Basename::basename($c->req->match);

# maybe $c->req->path is more reliable

Also, how about adding an alternative way to define the file attachment name?

  my $filename = $c->stash->{xls_filename} ;
  ($filename ||= $template_name) =~ s/\.xml$/.xls/;

Is 'application/vnd.ms-excel' a better content type?