[Catalyst] Catching Exceptions

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Mon Apr 3 17:28:29 CEST 2006

> While I much prefer just handling $c->error in my own code (and calling e.g.
> $self->foo2($c) if I want to see thrown exceptions)

Yes, avoiding $c->forward() and just calling the sub directly was my
first inclination as well.  I did kind of want the easy profiling
information though, so that's what held me back.  I may ultimately go
this route though.

> you might want to have a look at Catalyst::Plugin::MortalForward which makes
> forward die on error.

Ah, thanks.  I had considered writing such a plug-in at one point last
night.  I'm glad to know one already exists.