[Catalyst] Easier catalyst installation

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Apr 4 18:56:42 CEST 2006

Peter Edwards wrote:
>> [what's with CPANPLUS 'freezing' at some prompts
> I think it's doing downloads and builds silently. That was my guess anyway.
> It sat there for 20-30 minutes on the machines I installed on.
>
>> how the hell do you install Template with cpanp
> After unpacking Template-Toolkit-2.14.tar.gz
> # perl Makefile.PL TT_HELP
> gives the install params, e.g. TT_PREFIX=/some/dir.
> Looks like you can pass these with 's conf OPT VALUE'.

Anybody who wants to try getting a Catalyst install *without* substantial
interactive faffing I'd ask to try

http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/static/cat-install

and tell me what results they get. It works without problem on every linux and
windows machine I've tried it on, so it's time to start collecting more data :)