[Catalyst] Easier catalyst installation

Brian Kirkbride brian.kirkbride at deeperbydesign.com
Tue Apr 4 21:03:12 CEST 2006

Worked wonderfully for me on a stock Debian Sarge machine.  I'm using the
system perl installation but have Catalyst installing to a user dir via
PERL5LIB.

I was using these settings for CPAN:

make_install_arg   SITEPREFIX=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install UNINST=0
makepl_arg         install_base=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install \
                   INSTALLDIRS=perl LIB=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install/lib \
                   INSTALLMAN1DIR=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install/man/man1 \
                   INSTALLMAN3DIR=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install/man/man3 \
                   INSTALLBIN=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install/bin \
                   INSTALLSCRIPT=/home/brian/catalyst_test_install/script

with PER5LIB set to /home/brian/catalyst_test_install...

Thanks Matt!