[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Helper::HTMLDesign

Hill, Woodrow J woodrow.j.hill at bankofamerica.com
Wed Apr 5 16:03:35 CEST 2006

> I'm thinking of making some sort of helper module that would
> create template files with a basic layout, using separate
> templates for the wrapper, header, footer, etc, with an
> external stylesheet.
>
> Something to allow an app to look great from the start.
>
> Would something like Catalyst::Helper::HTMLDesign be
> suitable?

You might want to look at Catalyst::Helper::View::TTSite as
a starting point...

As far as the html+css, I'd go with as basic a command-line
interface as possible, with an option to take the html+css
files from a different location than the default.  Your "basic"
interface provides a set of Validated files with some simple
options, as you mention, and the alt. User-supplied html+css
assumes the user knows what they want to go where.

Hope this makes sense; I've not had breakfast yet.

----Woodrow