[Catalyst] Anyone using the FastCGI External server in production?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Apr 5 18:08:16 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:36:52AM +0200, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Anyone using External mode with an application?  Do you use a
> > watchdog script to make sure the application keeps running, and to
> > restart if it dies?
>
> Apache takes care of starting the application in our system. That works
> fine. (there are examples in the documentation about how to do that)

On a dedicated server at Dreamhost when I restart the application
(currently with five processes) the processes sit at the top of top()
for about 30 - 45 seconds and requests during that time return a generic 500
error from apache.  I'm not using any Loader type of code, either, so
the db is not hit during this time.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org