[Catalyst] Reusable actions, AOP vs. other styles

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Fri Apr 7 11:20:44 CEST 2006

07.04.2006 10:47 Andreas Marienborg:

> And if I understand correctly, there will be several "hooks" for the
> Actions? like before the controller-part, after controller-part etc,
> which IMO is harder to achive in an OOP world. (the simple wrapping
> of functions).

Right.

And there is even more hidden power, since reusable actions subclass
Catalyst::Action.
This power doesn't mean much to normal developers, but we'll be able
to for example change how the action coderefs are executed, for each
action individually, or have action specific attributes...

--
sebastian