[Catalyst] RFC: Authentication & Authorization Tutorial

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 05:06:27 CEST 2006

On 4/8/06, hkclark at gmail.com <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please let me know if have ideas to improve this.
>
> Many thanks to folks on both the mailing list and irc (especially MST)
> who have patiently help me find my way around Catalyst.

Here is an updated version of the AuthAndAuthzTutorial (v.91) based on
some comments from Yuval.  I split authentication and authorization
into two different phases/sections and added some more specific
examples of authorization, especially in the controller.  Again, it's
intended to be a learning tool more than a real-world example --
hopefully the examples illustrate the concepts without getting into
too much complexity.

I threw in a tarball of the final state (but I had to gzip the POD and
remove the root/static/images from the tarball to fit within the 50K
max size on the list).

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Kennedy