[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and output into a html table

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 14:03:02 CEST 2006

* Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> [2006-04-13 13:15]:
> I would rather make this transformation with Perl and one of
> the XPath libraries: XML::XPath
> http://search.cpan.org/~msergeant/XML-XPath-1.13/XPath.pm or
> Template::Plugin::XML::XPath -
> http://search.cpan.org/~abw/Template-Toolkit-2.14/lib/Template/Plugin/XML/XPath.pm.

I wouldn’t dare. In this particular case, where the location of
various bits in the markup is fairly formulaic, it may be
feasible, but if you actually have arbitrarily nesting markup
structures, then trying to use any other approach than XSLT’s
match-driven tree-walking is just painful.

Note that nearly every introductory book and tutorial I’ve read
about XSLT is crap. It took me a very long time to understand how
to really think XSLT because noone explains it in terms of how an
XSLT processor works, which made it all seem odd and mystical.
Once I found such a description (in an otherwise mediocre book)
it became clear and obvious.

Regards,