[Catalyst] Moosing around with Catalyst

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Thu Apr 13 16:04:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

While we're exploring Moose land, we can try to have an experimental
branch of Catalyst in which plugins are roles too.

This should be safter to use than "normal" MI plugins, because the
plugin can say whether it's a meta plugin, altering another plugin's
behavior by overriding a method. It can also say how it overrides it
(before, after, around). Lastly, it can also not say anything at
all, in which it's a conflict to include two plugins that have the
same method name.

Additionally using Class::Accessor for $c is kinda... yuck. We've
always wanted to have a Catalyst::Accessor class that hides the
details, gives us the ability to localize cleanly, and otherwise
looks good.

Lastly, I trust stevan can whip up a Class::Data::Inheritable that
doesn't suck =)

This will also potentially let us have Class::C3 dispatch order,
which is much nicer than using NEXT.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418