[Catalyst] HTML Widget vs Templates?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Thu Apr 13 16:16:13 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:02:01 -0400, Ryan wrote:
> I currently use web forms for a lot for back-end apps so I'm making
> template after template for the web forms. I read about the HTML Widget
> module and thought about using this but it almost seems like more work
> just to create a simple form.  What are the benefits of this, any
> opinions on this?

the declaration of the form and the validation of the form need only
be told the structure of the form once, together.

Furthermore, when you have validation errors you don't need to code
the TT loop to print them correctly, which is usually a royal pain
in the lower backside.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418