[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and output into a html table

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 23:07:45 CEST 2006

* John Beppu <john.beppu at gmail.com> [2006-04-13 21:35]:
> Your insights into XSLT might make for a nice little article.
> (...because I agree with you about the poor state of XSLT
> documentation.)

I’d love to write one, but it’d be quite hard and a lot of work.
What happens is really very simple, but you cannot explain it
adequately with a reasonable amount of words. It needs diagrams.
Choosing an illustrative example source doc and transformation
would be hard, and making all the diagrams to demonstrate the
execution would be a lot of work.

Still, it’s something I’ve thought of doing quite a few times and
may yet tackle, because it seems worthwhile. The XSLT model is
very beautiful, even though the syntax is execrable. I think it’s
underappreciated, probably precisely because the syntax sucks so
bad. (Note I’m not talking about XPath here, which has truly
Perlish syntax.)

Regards,