[Catalyst] Another RFC. $c->call()

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 03:15:19 CEST 2006

On 4/13/06, Marcus Ramberg <marcus at thefeed.no> wrote:
> This does not match the common use case for this, imo. You usually want to
> do something like
>  do_edit, and then forward / detach / call / whatever edit, and have
> Catalyst act as if you called
>  edit from that point on.

Agreed.
But I also think that $c->action('whatever') doesn't *look* like it's
forwarding anywhere else. But maybe that's just because I'm already
used to it. But maybe a verb really would be better.

I've always found $c->forward()'s behaviour of not changing the action
rather counter-intuitive during my first days with Catalyst.
Eventually, I got used to it, though.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.