[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and output into a html table

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Apr 14 16:29:55 CEST 2006

A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * John Beppu <john.beppu at gmail.com> [2006-04-13 21:35]:
>> Your insights into XSLT might make for a nice little article.
>> (...because I agree with you about the poor state of XSLT
>> documentation.)
>
> I’d love to write one, but it’d be quite hard and a lot of work.
> What happens is really very simple, but you cannot explain it
> adequately with a reasonable amount of words. It needs diagrams.
> Choosing an illustrative example source doc and transformation
> would be hard, and making all the diagrams to demonstrate the
> execution would be a lot of work.

I must admit I only finally grokked it by implementing a subset of the
standard myself.

The big problem, I think, is that XSLT is fundamentally a functional
transform, and people aren't really use to that. Conceptualising it as a
mixture of macros and choose (ala the Paul Graham implementation) operations
works well for me now, but I've never been able to transfer my conceptual
model successfully to anybody who doesn't get lisp.