[Catalyst] Catalyst and apache...running other programs not with Catalyst

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Apr 18 20:32:22 CEST 2006

Ryan wrote:
> I have Catalyst loaded into apache and it works fine but now when ever I
> try to access a normal cgi program I get the catalyst site instead.  If
> I comment out the code in the httpd.conf file the cgi scripts run but
> catalyst does not. Anyone familiar with this can help me run them at the
> same time?

Show us your httpd.conf. How are you running the cat site under Apache?
Handlers? FastCGI?

I suspect that specificity is the cause. If you declare a global
ScriptAlias, then override that with a ScriptAlias in <Virtual*>, the
more specific one takes precedence.  Have you tried redeclaring your CGI
scripts the config where catalyst is setup?

-=Chris