[Catalyst] UPDATE: catalyst on vmware

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 15:10:27 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 07:23:38AM +0100, Peter Edwards wrote:

> Parley is a good demo app to consider. It needs PostgreSQL v8.

and I'm back into semi-active delopment with it too...

I think the only reason it needs Pg8 is because I used a newer (and more
convenient) ALTER TABLE syntax (maybe a couple of other small things).

I think there has been at least one person who managed to alter the
schema to run on Pg7.

Out of interest, should I be aiming to cover as many Pg versions (7+) as
possible?
I thought that v8 was the current stable tree - hence why I blatently
ignored v7, but it seems that there are quite a few people out there
using v7. (presumably because pre-packaged versions of Pg are about a
millions years old or something)

Is it worth me putting in the effort?

... and no, I don't plan to support MySQL :-D

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.