[Catalyst] Semi-OT: Re: [Job] London, UK and Akron, United States

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Apr 21 17:00:19 CEST 2006

Len Jaffe wrote:
>> My fave band, Hayseed Dixie, toured the UK, and when
>> they came back, the singer had this quote: "Man,
>> I'll
>> tell you, Manchester has a real Detroit vice goin'
>> on."
>  Vibe! Detroit Vibe!

I suspect the original version was more accurate.

(phone conversation)

Me: "I can't find this damn pub I'm supposed to be meeting you at, though I'm
sure I'm on the right road."
Them: "Where are you now?"
Me: "By part of the Uni."
Them: "Which bit though? There's bits of the uni both directions from here."
Me: "I dunno, but it's on fire. Which direction can you see smoke?"