[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and output into a html table

John Beppu john.beppu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 00:00:25 CEST 2006

On 4/13/06, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

> And does it? I'm having a total 'mare trying to get CSS forms looking
> even passable. If you have xsl that works, I'd love to see it.

I've attached some XSL that seems to work fairly well in a variety of
situations.  It is not the cleanest of XSL stylesheets, and it still
uses a lot of copy-of operations ((sorry Aristotle)), but it does seem
to work.

To demonstrate the XSL transformation, I've modified the big.pl that I
found in the examples directory of the HTML::Widget distribution.
Instead of directly printing the forms to STDOUT, I run it through
Template Toolkit first.  There are 3 forms that are generated by
big.pl, and for each form, I show the original form styled with CSS
and the tabular version of the same form immediately afterwards.  See
index.tt for more details.

Although I've included the index.html that gets generated, you may run
big.pl to generate it yourself.  `perl big.pl > index.html` will do
this.