[Catalyst] Updated "Catalyst, DBIC, Authentication And Authorization Tutorial"

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 04:14:39 CEST 2006

I have made a significant number of changes based on the excellent
feedback I received on the v.90 and v.91 versions of this tutorial
(see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/users/6454 for
"phases" in prior versions) have been reworked, probably the most
significant change is the addition of two new sections:

 * Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::ACL
 * Running Catalyst tests and writing a test case for the final app
       with Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst

And, based on feedback suggesting that this had grown beyond my
initial charter of just doing an Auth & Authz tutorial, I have renamed
it to "Catalyst, DBIC, Authentication And Authorization Tutorial."
It's a little on the long side, but seemed more appropriate than "A
Whole Bunch of Catalyst Stuff Tutorial." :-)

I'm thinking we want to get this posted to
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/UserIntroductions fairly soon, so
please let me know ASAP if anyone sees things I should change/fix
before then.  Unless there are objections, I'll plan on posting this
to the wiki and svn on Tuesday (4/25/06).

Thanks to all for their suggestions, and especially for the help I
have received on the IRC channel!!

Regards,
Kennedy

PS -- Sorry for the .gz files, but I needed to stay under the 50K
limit on the list.