[Catalyst] [Announcement] Catalyst 5.67 (Stable) / 5.70_01 (Developer release)

Marcus Ramberg marcus at thefeed.no
Mon Apr 24 09:39:54 CEST 2006

Hi. I've uploaded a new stable and developer release of Catalyst. The
5.67release is a mostly a bugfix release, but we also managed to
squeeze in some
goodies , like

 $c->req->uri_with({page=>2}),

which lets you link to the current uri, and override certain query
parameters. We've also expanded and revised the documentation some, and
added some introspection support with $c->models, $c->views and
$c->controllers. Nothingmuch has also been hard at work refactoring the
dispatcher, with a resulting 12% speedup.

The developer release contains some more extreme changes. SRI has added the
new Action api based on Moose, and which looks like it is going to be a very
powerful ned addition to our arsenal. In addition, we've streamlined the
visual aspects of Catalyst, by cleaning up the log output and debug screen
colors and formatting. We've also split the whole helper api into a separate
distribution, to reduce the dependency list for the main distribution, and
to facilitate separate distributions of Catalyst based on the same core, but
with different helper apis.

Here's the complete changelists for both releases:

5.67    2006-04-23 08:50:00
        - Added $c->req->uri_with() helper
        - ConfigLoader: Updated to version 0.05
        - Fix up Engine to avoid a new 5.8.8 warning
        - Added app name with :: support for PAR
        - Added $c->models/views/controllers
        - Static::Simple: Unescape the URI path before looking for the file.
          This fixes issues with files that have spaces.
        - Looping and recursion tests plus a fix
        - Added lots of API documentation. Refactored main pod.
        - Changed default behaviors for $c->model/$c->controller/$c->view
          to more sane settings.
        - added the clear_errors method - an alias for error(0)
        - Added tmpdir option for uploads (woremacx)
        - Applied patch from GEOFFR to allow normal filehandles.
        - Refactored Dispatcher internals for better readability and speedup
          (stress tests run 12% faster)
        - Allow $c->error to run as a class method

5.70_01 2005-04-23 20:39:49
        - Updated log format
        - Removed rounded corners from built in screens
        - ConfigLoader: Updated to version 0.05
        - Propagate errors from Catalyst::Test
        - Removed Catalyst::Build (was deprecated for months)
        - Split Catalyst and Catalyst::Helper
        - Added the Action() and MyAction() attribute

--
With regards
Marcus Ramberg