[Catalyst] ._ files in installation of Catalyst-5.67 from CPAN

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Apr 24 15:57:19 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 17:22:04 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Have you tried it that you can testify that it happens with GNU tar? According
> to the blog entry that I pointed in the URL, the problems FXN encountered
> with his Perl modules have disappeared after he switched to using GNU tar to
> package the archives.

Please... What's the point of this discussion?

It's simple: the default tar:

tar (GNU tar) 1.14
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public
License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
Modified to support extended attributes.

has been patched to also preserve extended attributes on MacOS X.

End of story.

The solution is one of

	a. not use tools which make extended attributes
	b. use the workarounds to drop those attributes during dist
	   building.

There's no use in beating a dead horse.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>