[Catalyst] multiple sessions in one application w/ C::P::Session

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Apr 26 12:31:08 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 19:44:01 +0900, Hideo Kimura wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem when I set up sessions of Catalyst application.
>
> Now I'd like to set up two sessions like this: One has long term
> expiration and the other has no expiration.
>
> But Catalyst::Plugin::Session configuration has only one namespace,
> {session}, so I can't configure different sessions.

You can expire subkeys of the session earlier, so set your
no-expiration to something like 10 years for the whole session, and
store the more temporary data in a subkey, and update it's dynamic
expiry at the end of every request.

Otherwise you could use the session for the long expiry, and then
simply reuse some of the session code, that I can refactor for you,
to create a session ID, etc, but actually store the data in your own
store that doesn't really care about expiring.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418