[Catalyst] Installing Catalyst in a hosting enviroment

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Apr 26 19:52:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:24:06PM +0100, Chisel Wright wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:29:52PM +0200, Gianmaria wrote:
> > Hello,
> > i'm starting to develop a new website and i'd like to develop using Perl
> > instead of PHP. I'm very interested on using Catalyst for speeding up
> > coding but what i can't understand how to deploy my site after having
> > developed it locally. In a typical hosting enviroment (linux) you can't
> > install Perl modules as you do normally having root access to the
> > server. Is there a simple way to install Catalyst in these cases?
> > Sorry for asking so basic questions but i'm not able to find clear
> > documentation about this issue (and i'm a Perl newbie :P )
>
> http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2005/10 maybe?

I've got this setup on Dreamhost / Debian Stable and it fails quite
often -- even with the most current CPAN.pm.  Yesterday it failed on
me trying to add C::P::Scheduler and dependencies.

I have another Debian Stable machine I was going to try from scratch
soon as I have a few free hours.  But, I'd rather unpack a tarball
someplace then screw with CPAN for that much time.

I think CatInABox is a away to keep from going insane.

How current is this?

   http://handelframework.com/downloads/

Here's how big my local CPAN installe library is for my Catalyst
Application.

$ du -sh local
26M     local

$ find local  -name \*.pm | wc -l