[Catalyst] What a waste of time

mike pulsation at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 01:39:06 CEST 2006

On 4/26/06, rails coder <railscoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Unsuspecting catalyst newbie,
>
>   Think twice before continuing.

Dear Untalented Ass Clown,

Your thirst for vengeance against an imagined enemy will paint you as
one incapable of comprehending even the simplest of technical writing.
 Fortunately, you have had the good sense to post anonymously so that
you may fuel your unholy desire to flame the living shit out of people
whom, honestly, do not give a rat's decaying ass that you have found
nirvana in your little shit stink corner of the world.

I have found Catalyst to be very straightforward and elegantly
designed.  It has done everything I have required of it, and it has
excelled at allowing me to separate logic from layout.  However, it
does not wipe my hairy ass of post-excratory dingleberries following a
burrito lunch; nor does it make me breakfast or play with my gonads.
I thoroughly enjoy that which Catalyst does *not* do, such as holding
my hand to cross the street, tie me to specific ideologies, or force
me to do things in ways i do not agree with.

I did not charge $22.50 to my credit card through a website proffering
a Catalyst PDF with the convincing disclaimer that my entire life's
savings would be safe:

    Note: If a shipping amount shows as $99,999, that particular shipping
    option is not available for this order (normally because of weight).

I have not spent a dime on Catalyst.  In fact, I have given back to
the Catalyst project by submitting patches to enhance functionality.
The unapologetically terse nature of hackers aside [0], the denizens
of #catalyst on irc.perl.org are generally helpful and responsive to
questions.

There is a wealth of information out there.  Don't blame Catalyst for
your lack of patience and intelligence.

-mike

[0] obligatory link: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html