[Catalyst] What a waste of time

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 12:06:57 CEST 2006

<snip>
> When they write a decent book, I will buy it. I don't have months of
> free time to waste learning by trial and error.
I've also considered using RoR at the beginning, but then I noticed that
- besides the book - the documentation is as sparse as the Catalyst
documentation. OK, the book helps you to have quickly a result in your
project, but once you have invested some weeks of work into your
project, you get lost, because you do not know how to handle the sparse
documentation. Catalyst does not make such false promises. Or at least
that's my impression, I will know for sure if I progress in my
project;-)
</snip>

Actually, once you get past the (rather nice) ROR book, and take into
account the CPAN docs, this list and the wiki, and the real time help that
is forthcoming if you get onto IRC, the support for cat is very good. A few
of the docs are a bit out of date, but that's true most everywhere. The
community support more than fills the gaps, if you use it right. (But then
that explains why the OP seems to have problems, as he/she obviously has
little clue about how online communities DO work.)

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
www.engoi.com : the multi - language vocab trainer