[Catalyst] Updated "Catalyst, DBIC, Authentication And Authorization Tutorial"

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Apr 28 14:52:25 CEST 2006

Kieren Diment wrote:
> Two questions,
>
> How quickly will there be more "new" ways of doing things that
> deprecates the "old" ways?  This is a significant problem for providers
> of documentation.
>
> How can we fold self-tests into documentation to provide warnings when
> deprecated things are being used for instruction without having to make
> our eyeballs work too hard?

Alias asked me to send on the following -

"If you are writing the documentation in POD, one option might be
Test::Inline. You could embed tests right in the docs next to the
documentation for some feature using Test::More fragments, and then
Test::Inline will compile them into a set of test scripts. Those test scripts
can be run to see if they pass with any given version of Catalyst installed.
If all the tests pass, the documentation would be correct.
   - Adam K"