[Catalyst] Debugging a catalyst application with the Perl debugger?

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 22:49:40 CEST 2006

Have you tried log4perl? I've started using that for debugging, and
it's great. When you're done with the debugging phase of your project
you just bump the log level from "debug" up to "error" or whatever,
and now you're only logging if something goes seriously wrong.

So even if logging is the only option with catalyst, maybe you should
give it a chance... I believe there is even a log4perl plugin for
catalyst.

I feel like I've definitely earned back the time it took me to read
the log4perl tutorial at

www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/09/11/log4perl.html