[Catalyst] New plugin - request for comments

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Sat Apr 29 23:06:36 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 04:45:05PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Toby Corkindale wrote:
> >> Other than "why would anybody in their right mind want to use
> >> CGI::Untaint?!", no :)
> >
> > It's simple, it does what it says on the tin, and a lot of legacy apps use
> > it.  (I know some people who would find it quite useful if they wanted to
> > port some pre-Catalyst apps..)
>
> *smacks self* good point, well made.
>
> I'm not sure I understand why you're adding a method to $c for this though;
> it seems like something that could happily be a method on $c->req via a
> Catalyst::Request subclass.

CGI::Untaint wants to be instantiated once per request, so a
prepare()-extending plugin made sense. I see your point, though, putting
->extract under ->request would seem a more logical position.

Expect a 0.03 later this weekend ;)

cheers,
Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world