[Catalyst] Managing lists with qmail (was: Validating RSS feeds)

JT Justman jt at signless.com
Tue Aug 1 01:43:37 CEST 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Sorry about unloading so many questions all at once, but they've been
> brewing in my mind for a while and I finally got around to joining the
> list. :)  (Mailing lists are kind of a pain for me because I use qmail
> without procmail.  So I have to create a new maildir for the list, setup
> a qmail file, subscribe the jon-listname, then subscribe jon AT jrock.us
> so I can post.  Last time I listen to DJB's advice on configuring a mail
> server! :)

You can do a lot with dot-qmail files. I use vpopmail but it's very
similar with system accounts. Very approximately:

% man dot-qmail
% maildirmake /home/jt/Maildir/.catalyst
% echo /home/jt/Maildir/.catalyst/ > .qmail-jt-catalyst

Subscribe as jt-catalyst at signless.com and you are set.

Personally, I don't bother masking my address any more. My address is
six years old now and I get very little spam thanks to my aggressive
blocking.

JT