[Catalyst] Authentication::Store::DBIC works undermyapp_server.pl but not Apache/mod_perl

Rodney Broom rbroom+catalyst at rbroom.com
Tue Aug 1 15:15:13 CEST 2006

From: "Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com>

> Hmmm. It's been a while since I didn't anything in MP other than convert
> to FastCGI...

I like Fast, too. I've already got mp in because we use other handlers at various phases.

> ...but doesn't Apache actually load happen twice at
> startup...once for the config parse, once for the real start?
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Restarts_Twice_On_Start

Good thinking, but it didn't pan out. I get 'Server Starting' from a BEGIN in MyApp.pm only once. From a <perl> block in httpd.conf, I also get it only once (with or without PerlModule), and don't get 'Server ReStarting' at all.

This got me to playing with pulling modules out and other tests. What I find is that with PerlModule MyApp in httpd.conf, MyApp.pm compiles twice (call stack includes only 'eval's). When I remove the PerlModule line, MyApp.pm doesn't compile at server start. Also, apparently MyApp is getting require'd instead of use'd since my import() never gets called.

---
Rodney Broom