[Catalyst] path actions

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Aug 2 11:36:42 CEST 2006

Ben Hopkins wrote:

> When I ran the server, it listed authors/list in the "Loaded Private
> actions" section, but nothing in the "Loaded Path actions" part.
> When I go to localhost:3000/authors/list, I get the generic Catalyst
> page (after logging in).
>
> How can this be?

It could be :) that you didn't tell Catalyst that the method should be
publicly accessible.  It should look like:

     sub list : Local {
         my ($self, $c, @args) = @_;
     # whatever...
     $c->response->body('list is working now');
     }

The "Local" means to bind the method to the URL
/controllername/subname, assuming the controller is in
MyApp::Controller::ControllerName and the method is "subname".

Instead of :Local, you could also be using LocalRegex, Global, etc.,
as per the manual.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway