[Catalyst] connection info and Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema
blblack at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 22:02:14 CEST 2006
On 8/3/06, Alan Humphrey <alan.humphrey at comcast.net> wrote:
> I feel that I'm missing something obvious, but the penny hasn't dropped.
> Hope you all can help.
> Goal: use a DBIx::Class schema defined outside the Catalyst app name
This is what I do, perhaps someone can make the solution easier and more
general and/or write up some docs about it:
1) My Schema is at MyApp::Schema. It doesn't contain any connection info
2) My Model is at MyCatApp::Model::MyModel. The only useful statements in
__PACKAG__->config( schema_class => 'MyApp::Schema' );
3) My actual database connect info is in a seperate external config file,
lets say a YAML file, but not your main Catalyst YAML config file.
4) I make a package called MyApp::Site, which loads all of the information
in the above YAML file (which is site-specific config data for my whole
application, where Catalyst is just one component of that), and makes it
available in the hashref $MyApp::Site::Config
5) In external tools, I do:
my $schema =
6) In lib/MyCatApp.pm (the main file for the cat app), I do ..
[.... usual Cat app stuff, including config loading for cat-specific
parameters from wherever as usual... ]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Catalyst