[Catalyst] [Announce] Planet Catalyst

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sun Aug 6 23:30:41 CEST 2006

Hmm, how well supported are XML namespaces by RSS readers?  I'd really
like to do something like this:

<content xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/xhtml"
                 xmlns:s="http://the.svg.spec/foo/bar/baz">
<h:body><h:h1>This is a post, yay.</h:h1><h:p>Paragraph</h:p>
<s:svg><!-- uh oh, we've embedded a picture --></s:svg>
<!-- and so on -->
</content>

This seems like The Right Way To Do Things; no dealing with mime types
or anything, all the content is properly encoded in the XML.  Of course
there should be XLinks to the relevant style sheet, as well.

Do feed readers support this sort of thing?