[Catalyst] Need example of Catalyst with Mason View

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sun Aug 13 01:12:52 CEST 2006

Install Catalyst::Helper::View::Mason from CPAN, and then try this:

$ catalyst.pl MyApp
$ cd MyApp/
$ script/myapp_create view Mason Mason
$ perl Makefile.PL
$ make test

Uh.... actually, it appears that Catalyst::[Helper::]View::Mason is
broken.  The view it creates causes this error:

Couldn't instantiate component "MyApp::View::Mason", "The 'comp_root'
parameter ("/home/jon/tmp/MyApp/root") to HTML::Mason::Interp->new() was
a 'hashref object', which is not one of the allowed types: scalar arrayref"

I've never used Mason, so I don't know how to fix this.  However,
"/home/jon/tmp/MyApp/root" is a definitely not a "hashref object", so
the error message is pretty misleading.

Also, the documentation is wrong; Mason is ignoring my
__PACAKGE__->config->{comp_root} config->{'MyApp::View::Mason'}
Looks like a bug.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway