[Catalyst] [OT] unified diffs

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Aug 13 15:32:34 CEST 2006

Rodney Broom wrote:
>> The reason for -u diffs...
>
> Aha, -u. New patches atached.

Right, since we ended up about 15 messages deep in a thread, can you re-post
this as a "diff -urP" to a fresh thread so we can discuss it properly?

The reason for the 80 char limit is effectively stylistic right up until
something goes badly wrong and you have to fix a system on the fly over a
bog-end console that does the traditional 80x25. Then anything >80 chars is a
complete pain in the ass.

It also annoys the living crap out of people like me who work at 80x25 anyway
in order to get as many xterms on screen as possible (see
http://trout.me.uk/screenshot.jpg for my development setup :)