[Catalyst] Static file serving question

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Aug 14 07:58:42 CEST 2006

From
http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Plugin-Static-Simple-0.14/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Static/Simple.pm

it seems that for me to have a path /files served statically I need to
add something like this in my root

MyApp->config->{static}->{include_path} = [
        '/files',
        MyApp->config->{root}
    ];

Then any file in /files will be served statically without Catalyst
working its magic.

So far so good.

Now suppose I have a large set of directories, which may also be deep
under /files, and would not be able to enumerate them at server startup
time.  Do I need to add each directory to this include path, or is the
upper include path, /files sufficient?  From the text, I think it might
be sufficient for /files, but I would like to be sure.

That is, I have

	/files
	/files/a
	/files/b
	/files/b/x
	/files/b/y

and I want to make sure I can serve everything under and including
/files if I use /files in the include_path directive.

Thanks.

--
Joe Landman
landman |at| scalableinformatics |dot| com