[Catalyst] auth::DBIC & session problems

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:27:54 CEST 2006

On 8/15/06, leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com <leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com>
wrote:

> So I still have the problem where if I use Authentication::Store::DBIC, I
> cannot use a session plug-in because freeze() doesn't like coderefs, and my
> DBIC objects contain codrefs for their inflate/deflate methods.
>
> Win Srv 2003
> Apache 2.0.58/modperl
> AS perl 5.8.8
> Cat 5.701
> MySQL
>
> Am I the only person with this problem? Is anybody else using DBIC for the
> Authentication Store?
> If this works for other on windows, I'd be interested in knowing your
> configuration.
> Does this work for folks on UNIX?
> Should I be overriding inflate/deflate?
> Did I glaringly and stupendously miss something in the docs?

I'm doing the same thing and it works ok for me, but on a very different
platform compared to your list:

OpenSUSE 10.1
lighttpd 1.4.11 (fastcgi)
Vendor's perl-5.8.8
Cat 5.701
DBIC 0.07000
PostgreSQL 8.1.4

Specifically, I have a users table in my database called "users", I'm using
Auth::Store::DBIC for that, and I'm using Catalyst::Plugin::Session::PerUser
combined with a inflate/deflate subrefs to freeze/thaw session data into and
out of the users table.  The example of this that you see here in the
Auth::Store::DBIC docs:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-Store-DBIC/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/DBIC.pm#session_data_field

came directly from my running production code.

-- Brandon