[Catalyst] auth::DBIC & session problems

leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com
Tue Aug 15 18:41:50 CEST 2006

On 08/15/2006 12:12 PM Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 12:01:34PM -0400, leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com
wrote:
> >    Am I the only person with this problem? Is anybody else using DBIC
for the
> >    Authentication Store?
>
> This rings a vague bell - I think I jsut moved some of my things out of
> ->session and did an auto() lookup, storing things in ->stash instead.
>
> Not ideal, but I can't remember what the advice/solution was when I hit
> this myself some time ago.

I'm having other session issues anyway, [$c->user_exists is croaking on
me] but this
is about being able to use DBIC for my user and roles, and being able to
use session.

It sound like what you're saying is to override how the session treats the
logged-in user
and not store it in the session store, and continue performing the lookup
on each request.

I suppose I could add some caching to ease the db traffic, and expire the
cache when the
user/roles are updated.

This is depressing.  The tutorial used Authentication::Store::DBIC and
sessions, though I note
that the tutorial uses:
Session
Session::FastMMap
Session::State::Cookie
Session::Store::FastMMap

while I uses:
Session
Session::State::Cookie
Session::Store::(File||DBIC)

Which makes me wonder if I'm missing a module...

I can't use FastMMap because I can't get it to build clean on windows.
But I don't see how the session store play into the problem.  The problem
lies inside the serialization of the DBIC object, which means I should not
be the only person seeing this error message.

Len.

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,