[Catalyst] Why scaffolding? Validation and Learning

Max Afonov max.afonov at mlb.com
Thu Aug 17 18:42:03 CEST 2006

There's that, and there's also the ease of prototyping an application
really, really fast when scaffolding is available. Without such
scaffolding, you may end up taking a month to build a prototype. It
certainly depends on the complexity of the project, however, speed may
be more important in some cases. I am mostly referring to being able to
say "I can show you something right now" to your manager/client/etc.
Stuff like this really raises your level of credibility.

Another thought: is catalyst.pl not a form of scaffolding already? We
don't create our application skeletons from scratch with our bare hands.
Even the wisest samurai would never resort to such activity.

Not meaning to start a holy war,

--
Max Afonov
Perl developer